Monday, October 8, 2012

Glitch art- datamosh and compression-Linda Chang

I found this image(gif file) created by a fellow SCAD student. He is a graphic designer and he focuses on the simplicity and fragility in design.  The unexpected result in the image which we are familiar(film, music video) create a completely different perspective on how we usually perceive them. For me, most of these images are kind of creepy as the figure dissolves into unrecognizable shapes, as we would normally see in horror films. The new feeling the audience receive from these images is one of the concept that glitch art provides that separate from other art.




freaky21.gif




freaky25.gifstickem02.gifstickem04.gifstickem03.gif

2 comments:

  1. Linda, the two images at the top of the page are very interesting in a sense that they have great design. They also have a very clear meaning to them, in trying to change the way the audience feels from viewing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before today I wasn't very aware of the topic of Glitch art, but from looking at this post I have a new found interest for the topic. I feel as if I'm so drawn to this topic because of the images used. I also agree with Ryannham89 about the meaning depicted being very clear and the possibility of changing ones perspective after viewing it. ~Christine Fredericks

    ReplyDelete